Monday, November 5, 2012

Sloppy Jacques

Everybody has seen the pins on Pinterest about the buffalo chicken in a crock pot with just chicken, wing sauce, and a ranch packet. It's good, no doubt. But I have a tiny smidge of a tip that will take it from good to great. What will make it great is that you will pay less money for it. Say what? Yeah, LESS. MONEY. FOR. IT.


These little sammies are so messy they will remind you of a Sloppy Joe, but because they are a tasty Cajun treat I am calling them...


SLOPPY JACQUES!



Basically you're going to follow the same directions as the popular pinterest recipe suggests, but you are not going to use the wing sauce that they suggest. Why? Because it costs more than a dollar which is more than the alternative I'm going to give you. In some stores Frank's wing sauce is almost $3 which is way more than I want to spend.

The recipe says throw some frozen chicken, a 12oz. jar of Frank's wing sauce, and a packet of ranch mix into your crockpot and serve on bread. Easy peasy.

One day I was nosing around Dollar Tree (a magical place where everything really IS a dollar) and I found this:

Louisiana Supreme Chicken Wing Sauce



You even get more (this bottle is 17 oz. and Frank's is 12 oz.).

At first I thought, "Eh, can I trust the Dollar Tree with this?" But for a dollar, A DOLLAR, I thought I might as well give it a try.

Then I saw the last push I needed. It's made in St. Martinville, Louisiana.



I have to say, I liked it even better than Frank's wing sauce. We serve ours on a hamburger bun with celery and ranch dressing as a dipping sauce. 

This recipe is super low cal and you can keep it that way by watching your ranch dressing and bread!

We used Trader Joe's Parmesan Ranch Dressing but I normally make my own ranch to save on calories. 

So enjoy a Sloppy Jacques and let me know if you have any luck finding Louisiana Supreme chicken wing sauce in your Dollar Tree. It really is a magical find!


A DOLLAR!

Sorry I just had to! :) 




2 comments:

  1. YUM! We love Sloppy Joe's so I'm sure we'd love Sloppy Jacques. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete