Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weekend Weigh In 6

Halloween was a big success for our little family. In true "Cajun in California" form we all dressed like food. 





Husband went as a "deviled egg." I looked on pinterest for last minute ideas and found this one. I used a 99 cent bandana from Michael's and cut it into a circle and safety pinned it to his shirt so it wouldn't ruin it. We bought a $5 kids devil costume set at walmart and some $3 facial hair at a party store and voila! 

Once he agreed to it, I decided to be his opposite. I looked to my sisters for angel ideas (blue angel, angel in the outfield, etc.) but angel food cake was the winner. I used a small box and put cotton balls on top for the whipped topping and made a paper strawberry. You can search online for paper strawberry template. There are tons of printables.

That just left Julia. I really wanted her to wear the jockey costume we found at Target, but since we had a food theme going we didn't want her to be left out on her VERY FIRST Halloween with our family. So she became the only food costume they had left for dogs on Halloween morning: a hot dog. I have to say I was a proud mama. Julia's #2 fear is little kids (#1 is a bathtub) and she didn't bark ONCE! Such a little angel. Maybe she should have worn my costume! 

So let's get on to evaluating this week's progress of goals


LIVE AN ACTIVE LIFE 
I started something new this week when it comes to tracking my workouts. Once I see if it's a long term feasible goal I'll share it here. This week was week 2 of Ease into 5K and it went swimmingly! Husband has even been joining me. He runs with Julia so he can't go as fast, but the jogging and focusing on moving forward as opposed to speed has really been helpful! Add to that a couple bike rides and a two hour Halloween walk and I'd say we did pretty good!

EAT DELICIOUSLY
I have to say I'm pretty proud of us. We didn't eat ANY Halloween candy. Not even one little piece. I kept joking with our nieces that there would be a "candy tax" for us walking everywhere with them but we didn't even cash in. It's kind of a Halloween miracle! But with all the work I've been doing to be and stay healthy a piece of candy just doesn't seem worth it. <--- I can't believe I wrote that sentence.

READ FOOD LABELS  
We ate at home every night this week and usually had leftovers for lunch. We did splurge yesterday at the mall and had my favorite PINKBERRY CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT but as I mentioned before the calories in the mini are not going to break anyone's bank...

NOT BLOW OUR RENT AT THE GROCERY STORE
It's week 2 and I buy all our groceries two weeks at a time, so we are good and golden!
Week 6 of Cajun in California...DEFINITELY a great week! Much needed...

No comments:

Post a Comment