Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weekend Weigh In

Since I anticipate being busy on the weekends (in this magical fantasy life I lead that as of yet does not exist) I figured the weekends would be a good time to recap where I am in my efforts.


LIVE AN ACTIVE LIFE
I must say I didn't spend as much time in the gym this week as I normally do. Instead I started doing nightly walks with our dog. I am going to consider this a win because normally we go to the dog park every now and then and Juju enjoys naps the rest of the day. She has inherited her mother's gene when it comes to not wanting to exercise! I did meet the weekly weight loss goal I set for myself but overall I wish I had been more active. I could have done more.

EAT DELICIOUSLY
I feel like this was a hit and miss this week. We did have the delicious Low Cal Bacon, Egg & Cheese Ring for breakfast this week but the Frozen Banana Failure is still lingering in my mind. We did eat one of our favorite dishes last night- the easiest tilapia recipe in the world. I'll be sharing that next week because it is so low on the calories I was able to enjoy some wine after dinner. That my friends is a dream come true!

READ FOOD LABELS
I feel like I do this pretty often since I am a faithful MyFitnessPal user, but this week I really tried to pay attention to the amount of sodium. To be honest, I know a lot of it is bad and I don't know why. Blame it on my upbringing but salt is like air in most of the dishes I enjoy, I don't necessarily have to acknowledge its presence but I can feel the effects. So I think in the upcoming week I will be learning about why everyone here hates salt so much.

NOT BLOW OUR RENT AT THE GROCERY STORE
I made my first trip to Walmart in two months. Despite it being my least favorite of my least favorite stores you can get some really sweet deals. (How does rotel get cheaper than ROTEL? It does at the W.) Because I saved so much at the W by sticking to my list and not turning my nose up to Great Value I went a head and splurged JUST a little and bought some tasty things at a fancier grocery store. So win-win.


Week 1 of Cajun in California...I declare you a success!

3 comments:

  1. You should check out the Fooducate app. Just scan the bar codes of stuff & it grades it on it's healthiness. It's a great tool. I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've used that! I think you told me about it. I always take it out on shopping trips and no I don't silence the beeps when it scans which annoys Andrew hahaha!

      Delete
  2. That's funny! I've really learned a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete