Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Guilt Free Burgers? WHERE ARE THEY!

About a month ago Husband and I went hiking in Calabasas and on the way home decided we were too tired and too proud of ourselves to go home and celebrate with a turkey sandwich. We stumbled into Topz Healthier Burger Grill and have been in love ever since. 


I love their turkey burger and aero fries and I'm confused as to why they seem to only have one location, in the San Fernando Valley. I feel like I'm doing something good instead of something bad when I eat there. AND I'M EATING A BURGER!


We are the epitome of uncool. Husband and I at Topz.

It begs the question, is there a such thing as guilt free restaurant food? 


Most people agree in the standards of subway or sandwich shops that promote their healthy menus, but what about the good stuff?


I try to make it a point to eat out at places that provide nutritional information either in their restaurant or on their website. The fact that Topz does this AND includes weight watchers points is really something special. 

I think more restaurants should adopt this policy. Will it stop someone from ordering their 17 point black angus burger? No. But I know for myself, I make better overall choices when it comes to ordering at restaurants and it doesn't stop me from eating out. What stops me from eating out is NOT knowing what is in the food I'm ordering. So marinate on that restauranteurs of the word!


Are there any restaurants that you love that don't provide nutritional information? Would it change how often you'd go there if they did?


Just a little food for thought on this Wednesday. Oh and photographs of delicious burgers. You can't beat that! 

How precious is Husband? You don't have to say I know ;) 


XO, Andrea

1 comment:

  1. There are A LOT of places that I wish included nutritional info. If I see that something is 1000 calories I much more likely to order something better. Otherwise, I go for the unhealthy fried stuff. Even though I know it has a gazillion calories. I need to see it in print.

    ReplyDelete